19 December 2005

An Update...

"The best way to raise positive children in a negative world is to have positive parents who love them unconditionally and serve as excellent role models." -Zig Zigler

I have to tell you a story about my daughter...and then I'll get onto the knitting. My daughter likes to watch TV and say, "I want that!" when she sees a commercial for something she likes. One day (several months ago), my Mother suggested that she start a Christmas list for the things she sees on TV. So I'm watching TV with my daughter one day and one of those commercials is on - you know the type - "Call now! Just $19.95...but wait! When you order this amazing product, you'll also get...". My daughter grabs the remote (why did I ever show her how to use it??), presses "Pause" (we have satellite and can pause, rewind, fast forward, record shows), grabs a piece of paper & pen, and starts writing down all the info about this product (it was Floam, by the way!). When she has the important info written (name of product, phone number to call, and website), she presses play to resume her television watching. As you may have guessed, this has not stopped. EVERY TIME she watches TV, she adds MORE THINGS to her list! I guess she'll keep doing that right up until Christmas day! Kids are too funny!!

Ok. Here's my knitting update. I'm knitting this bag (which will be felted). I'm taking this thing EVERYWHERE with me; knitting whenever I have a few minutes. It's an easy knit. Today I noticed that there is a HOLE in the knitting! A HOLE about 2 inches down from the row I'm currently knitting. I REFUSE to frog. I have NO TIME for that! This is Christmas knitting (and, I might add, not the only unfinished Christmas project). So I'm letting it go. The bag will be felted. The hole will disappear once the felting occurs...I KNOW this will happen. It HAS to happen! If I have to pour boiling water on that section and rub it for an hour, I will. There will be NO HOLE in this bag!! - if I'm delusional about this, you really don't have to tell me.

The rest of my Christmas knitting? Haven't worked on it...been working on that bag. The one with the hole in it. But I'm not worried! I have plenty of time til Christmas. Tuesday. Wednesday. Thursday. Friday. And Saturday. PLENTY of time!

I think I mentioned this before, but I really do intend to get pics on here!! It'll probably be after Christmas though...you see, I have Christmas knitting to finish...

MAKE it a great day!

No comments: