09 October 2006

Secret Pal 9 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I'm not very fond of acrylic, although I do use it on occasion. I prefer natural fibers. I would love to try some Socks That Rock and Koigu yarn.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Right now - a decorative oval Kleenex box. :-)

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting for a year. I consider myself intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No, I do not.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
I only use bath products from the company I work for (Arbonne). I don't use candles - too many allergies.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
A sweet tooth??? Am I a woman?!?!? Chocolate!!!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I stamp, scrapbook, cross stitch. I don't spin, but would like to learn how.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like 70's and 80's pop (including disco), R&B, some Rap. I don't have any way to play MP3's.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Blue is my favorite. I love bold and jewel toned colors. I don't like pastels much - especially not pink!

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have a 7-year old daughter, a cat and a goldfish.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear hats, scarves and mitten on occasion (like, when it's really cold & I have to wait for my daughter's school bus). I don't wear ponchos.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I like to knit & felt bags.

13. What are you knitting right now?
A sock (2 circs), 2 Prayer Shawls, a baby blanket, and 2 scarves.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I probably prefer circs - it depends on the project. I like aluminum for socks and bamboo or wood for most anything else. No plastic.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I own both.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Almost a year old.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
I don't have a favorite holiday.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn? lol!

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Books:
Yarn Harlot's last two books (I have "At Knit's End"), Mason Dixon's book, Cat Bordhi's Magical Knitting book, anything by Ann Budd or Elizabeth Zimmerman or Meg Swanson. Needles: I've been lusting after KnitPicks needles! The interchangable circs, the regular circs, the dpns!!!! I have a subscription to Interweave Knits.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Needle felting! And spinning!

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I do knit socks. I wear a size 10 shoe. My foot is 9 1/2 inches around, and 10 inches long.

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) March 7th.

No comments: