09 January 2006

It's Monday

Ok. So I semi have buttons on my blog. First, I posted them (as a post). Then I managed to get them to the sidebar...but you can't read them 'cause they're too small! And HOW do I get rid of that little Picasa thing???? You know, many people manage to put buttons on their blogs...why is it such a challenge for me?!? (any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated!)

Knitting News...

I have one bag finished & felted. The handles aren't done yet. Saturday I "discovered" another cool yarn store in my area...rows and rows of yarn (which makes me a very happy girl!). I spent over an hour in that store (my daughter was hanging out with her Grandpa so I could take all the time I wanted, looking at yarn!). I found the most wonderful button (for the bag I just finished). I'll take pictures tomorrow (I'm pretty sure we'll have sunshine tomorrow, so it should be a good picture day).

I started a hat. I messed up on the second row. I frogged. I started again and did 5 rows (and was feeling rather proud of myself). Then I got new circular needles (which were the correct size - US 5 - the one's I had been using were US 6). So I frogged again. I cast on again...and that's where I stopped. The hat's done on size 5 needles (the smallest I'd used before now were US 8), using a k1,p1 ribbing (I HATE knitting one and then purling one). But I really like the hat, and the yarn's self striping (this amuses me to no end!). So we'll see how quickly this hat gets finished.

Oh! And I started a washcloth. The first thing I ever knit was a washcloth. I finished it, and it was ok for the 1st thing I knit...but I didn't want to actually use it. So I decided to knit another one. I knit better now. And I'm using smaller needles. And the yarn's a color I like. You see, I really want to love hand-knit washclothes. So that's why I'm trying another one.

That's all for today. I'll take pictures tomorrow (maybe I'll finish the boring i-cord for that bag!) and hopefully get them posted.

MAKE it a great day!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hi Angelina,

Thanks for all your sweet comments on my blog! It's great to mnow that SOMEONE is reading it...ha ha! Hope I get to meet you soon at a Stitch 'N Bitch...where is the new LYS you found? I'd love to go to a new one!