07 January 2006

Secret Pal 7 Questionnaire

Here are my responses/answers to the questionnaire for Secret Pal 7 (perhaps, one day, I'll learn more about blogs and figure out how to add this some other way...until then, I'll have to add it as a post).

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
I avoid Red Heart. I've used Lion Brand yarns. I like natural fibers & love high quality yarn (although I don't often buy the pricey yarn for myself) - it just depends on the project I'm buying the yarn for.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I don't do either but would like to learn how to spin. Crochet seems too complicated to me (I've tried it and can't "get" it).

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Right now, the knitters bag I got for Christmas (see one of my earlier posts). I'm working on a felted needle case.

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting less than 6 months. I consider myself advanced beginner - I'm happy with my knitting but there's still alot for me to learn.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No. I've never needed one (and didn't even know they existed!).

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I have alot of fragrance allergies, so I don't burn candles. I only use bath products from the company I am a consultant for.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
YES! ...to sweet tooth. I love chocolate. And marzapan.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Are you kidding??? Who has time for any other crafts??? Knitting has taken over!! But I do like stamping and scrapbooking. I've done counted cross stitch - but not for several years.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3's? (if your buddy wants to make you a cd).
I like alot of different types of music. R&B. 80's Pop and 80's R&B. Disco. 70's Pop. 70's R&B. Some rock. No Country. Some of my favorite artists: Prince, Def Leppard, LL Cool J, Olivia Newton-John, Bee Gee's, Barry White, Guy. I'll stop there. I'm pretty sure I can play MP3's .

10. What's your favorite color? Or -- do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Blue is my "official" (meaning, if I had to pick only one color, I'd pick blue) favorite color. I like bold colors. I also like neutrals. Right now I'm really into orange & hot pink. I don't like pastels much...and NO pastel pink!

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm a single-parent. I have one child. We have a goldfish & a cat.

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear scarves and gloves or mittens. Sometimes a hat. I've never worn a poncho.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn(s) to knit with?
I'm new to knitting, so I'm still trying yarns. I like merino wool, cashmere, alpaca, silk, blends of those. I also like cotton. Depending on what I'm knitting, I also like novelty yarns.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Can't say that I've found any yet.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession(s)?
BAGS BAGS BAGS...felted bags and other felted items.

16. What is/are your favorite item(s) to knit?
(see #15) ...right now, it's bags!

17. What are you knitting right now?
(2) felted bags, (2) Irish Hiking Scarves, (2) felted needle cases, (2) prayer shawls, a hat, a scarf, a wash cloth

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
YES!

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Depends on the project, but if I had to pick only one, it would be circular needles.

20. Bamboo, Aluminum, plastic?
Bamboo

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I own a yarn winder...not sure what a swift is.

22. How did you learn to knit?
Books and Knitty Gritty (on DIY Network).

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
I've been working on one of the prayer shawls since October 2005.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I like butterflies... and cats. I don't really have a favorite animated character.

25. What is your favorite holiday?
I don't have a favorite.

26. Is there anything that you collect?
Well, now I collect yarn :o) Ooooh! And buttons! I'm trying to get a button stash.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
None.

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
I'd love a book to learn how to knit socks. I'd also love to have "Felted Knits" by Beverly Galeskas and "Christmas Stockings - 18 holiday treasures to knit" by Interweave Press. Oh! And I'd love some Socks That Rock yarn.

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Yes (see #28) socks!

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
(see #28 & 29). I wear a size 10 shoe...not sure what measurements one needs for socks!

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
03/07

For those of you not in the Secret Pal 7 - I'll post again tomorrow...I may have a finshed bag by then!!

MAKE it a great day!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Angelia,

Do you already have the buttons you want to use on your blog saved on your computer? Email me and I'll help you out :)